Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Link restrictions with scripting

2 years ago

It would be a big time-saver if anyone knew a way to restrict links using scripting commands rather than the tool the advanced editor provides.  

Something like "IF %VARIABLE = 1 THEN $LINK1 := UNCLICKABLE". (Obviously that's not a real scripting code, but something like that.)

This would save me a lot of time since I use scripting rather than the editor for pretty much everything and it would let me copy-paste the command in rather than going through the hassle of scrolling through the variable list every time and adjusting the parameters.  It's doable, it just eats up a lot of time.

2 years ago
I'm pretty sure there is something out there... let me look...

2 years ago
Well there's a simple solution that's not perfect: you can set the linktext to nothing in a script, that works... Actually, that works pretty good. I thought it would leave an empty line, but it doesn't even appear to do that.

2 years ago

Hmm.  Yeah, it does make it unclickable, at least, even if it looks kind of clunky.  This might be useful, thanks!

2 years ago
Really? When I did it, I set the linktext := "" and the link disappeared and so did the entire line. You couldn't even tell there was ever another link there on my screen.

2 years ago

Really?  Weird, when I did it you could still see a bullet point next to where the link was.  Might just be a glitch specific to the test game I was using